Be mindful that our members come from diverse experiences and include:
- Autistic or otherwise neurodivergent people
- Mad and/or mentally ill people
- Disabled people and/or people with disabilities
- Racialised people and/or people of Colour
- Trans, non-binary, and/or gender non-conforming people
- Survivors of sexual and/or other violence
- People with disability-related speech/language barriers
- People with limited access to English
Please assume that these experiences are present in our community spaces and be respectful.
Specifically this means…
- Avoid things like racism, disableism, heterosexism, transphobia, sexism, sizeism, ageism, and/or gender policing, etc.
- Respect everyone’s self-described identities and pronouns
- Avoid asking questions about others’ bodies
- Speak from your own experience
- Do not speak for others / for a group.
- Be open to input and suggestions about how you can help to keep the space safer for everyone.
As a group, we are always looking for ways to improve.
Please contact us about any accommodations you might need to access our meetups (email@example.com).
If you’re interested in regular ace (and/or arospec) community meetups (like monthly discussions and social events), consider joining the googlegroup to where you can participate in scheduling events and some other community discussion.